Urban Connections is a non-denominational evangelistic and discipling arm of the Church where we seek unity in essentials and kindness in all things. Putting aside those particularities of church and denomination which are not essential so that we “make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:3 NIV).
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutional and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation. (or destruction)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Loving God and Loving Others
God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed.
In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.